moodle 2.9

moodle 2.9

by HanumanthaRao Goutham -
Number of replies: 2

hi iam using quiz modlue only in moodle 2.9 version for my students  to conduct some tests.when the students are attempting quizes it runs perfectly in students login  but in  administration side it showing reports as wrong .the main problem is in reports attempted questions are showing correctle but instead of showing 1 for correct question it is showing 0.i don't know where it goes wrong can somebody help me.the following screen is exactly iam  getting error in admin pageserror page in quiz reports

Average of ratings: -
In reply to HanumanthaRao Goutham

Re: moodle 2.9

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

What is going on will be less mysterious if you go to Quiz administration -> Edit settings -> Appearance -> Decimal places in grades, and set that to something other than 0.

Then look at the top of the Edit quiz page. What is the Maximum grade for the whole quiz set to? https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Building_Quiz#Assigning_points_to_questions

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: moodle 2.9

by Paul Nicholls -

Just to clarify Tim's message, the issue is that your quiz is worth less than one mark per question - and is set to display 0 decimal places.  As such, although correct questions are getting a positive mark, it's low enough that it's currently displaying as 0 - if you increase the number of decimal places, you'll see positive (fractional) marks; you may also want to consider increasing the total number of marks for the quiz, such that you end up with whole numbers of marks per correct question.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)