Kahoot.it

Re: Kahoot.it

by Don Hinkelman -
Number of replies: 4
Particularly helpful Moodlers బొమ్మ Plugin developers బొమ్మ

Hi Mark,

Anything that adds gamification to Moodle is a great idea and will be immensely popular. I use the Progress Bar and it has a dramatic effect on student performance and supports a "flipped classroom" approach.  Badges are another important gamification tool. I would imagine Kahoot.it with students competing against each other would be very fun, and increase participation in learning activities. I would recommend you work with some programmers to make a new block or module to integrate Kahoot.it with the Quiz Module. Is that something you could do?  You could also go to the Tracker and make a feature request, but I suspect it needs independent initiative to get going.

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Mark Stevens -
In reply to Mark Stevens

by Don Hinkelman -
Particularly helpful Moodlers బొమ్మ Plugin developers బొమ్మ

I was the first person to vote for this feature request--a great idea. Thanks, Mark. Now we need lots of votes

I have been using Kahoot now every week in my classes, and it has spread like wildfire across my university. I wish Moodle was spreading like wildfire across my university. If Moodle added Kahoot functionality, I guarantee you, you would see an upswing in Moodle adoptions and use.  There is not a lot of *fun* in Moodle, but this would make Moodle full of fun.  And if we made it ourselves, we could do it better.  For example, Kahoot has an easy way to add images to a quiz question, but only one image. There should be a "hint" image and then a final image which shows the answer.

Also, it is interesting that on the Kahoot forums, the #1 request is for Kahoot to add a Question Bank.  Some Kahoot teachers even ask for a question bank "like Moodle's". If we made a Kahoot activity, we would have to call it something different.  How about "Moohoot"?  కళ్ళు చికిలిస్తూ

P.S. Come to MoodleMoot Japan if you free in February.