Is it possible to set the default "overall feedback"? for a quiz?

Is it possible to set the default "overall feedback"? for a quiz?

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 6

Moodle 2.8.5+

Quiz

Overall Feedback section.

The teachers use the same scales and it'd be nice if they didn't have to enter this every single time. See the attached screenshot, it's under "overall feedback" and it's the grade boundary percent and feedback field. I've looked around but I can't see any place where I can enter in defaults.

Attachment Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.36.40 AM.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: Is it possible to set the default "overall feedback"? for a quiz?

by Melissa Benson -

Follow up: Is it possible for me to change PAST quizzes to have specific inputs into the overall feedback? If I got a set of quiz IDs, could I go into phpmyadmin and change them? If so, can anyone give me any direction in doing that? smile

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

No way to set the default.

What you are doing does not really look like overall feedback to me. More like a scale, but there is no way to display the quiz grade as a scale. https://docs.moodle.org/28/en/Scales

In the database, the overall feedback is stored in the quiz_feedbacks table. The meaning of the data should be obvious, but if not, ask.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Melissa Benson -

Thanks, Tim. Yeah it is a scale but for whatever reason they must want to display it there? Not sure.

by Melissa Benson -

I just wanted to confirm with the teacher that he wasn't trying to do something else and I don't see "Scale" when editing a Quiz...there is no "type" option in the grade section.

by Алексей Кадин -

It's not in the quiz settings...

It's in the gradebook, there you can set the format of the results: if your quiz persentage should be presented as figure, or as letter (text), or just as percentage, or as different combinations of these three variants (for example, "8", "A-", "80%", "8 (80%)", "8 (A-)", "A- (80%)", "A- (8)", "80% (8)", "80% (A-)"), no scales here. You can set it for particular quizes or for the whole course - by default.

And for setting of the percentage (90-100% - "A"; 70-80% - "A-", etc.) you again need not scales (those are for manual grading), but letters. You can edit it for one course or for the whole site - by default.

by Daniel Thies -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I usually create a master template quiz in a course and make sure that all the quiz settings are where I would want them to default for the course, time, grade scale, etc. Feedback can be added as well, but no questions and back it up. i make a new quiz by duplicating the template quiz rather than using the activity chooser.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)