At installation it did not ask me for password etc

At installation it did not ask me for password etc

by klaus turn -
Number of replies: 10
At installation it did not ask me for password or any other details but rather jumped straight from the frontpage configuration to the login screen. Now I have no password and no email to request it. (it could have been due to me clicking on continue rather then waiting for it to do it automatically). Anyway I cannot get in and have also tried the username: that you gave a few posts down with the password as admin BUT no luck. Any suggestions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to klaus turn

Re: At installation it did not ask me for password etc

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I really need more details about your installation (versions etc, and perhaps access to it).

What happens when you visit http://yoursite/admin/user.php ?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by David Robinson -
Martin, I've made a stupid mistake. Changed my admin password now can't login as admin. Any ideas? Do I need to reinstall?

Regards
David
In reply to David Robinson

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just go to the login page and get Moodle to email you a new password.

by David Robinson -
The password I've lost is for my localhost setup, not moodle.com. Are they the same? I've tried using my moodle.com password but still can't access my localhost moodle as admin.
Hope this makes sense.

by Martin Dougiamas -
? I don't mean moodle.com - I mean the login page on your localhost setup.

by David Robinson -
No worries. Have reinstalled on my local server. Took 5 minutes and went like a dream. I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. Just one problem: I've created a course and uploaded files w/o a hitch. But when I click on the filename to view it, the JS popup reports a server error. (I've copied the default .htaccess to my main moodle directory.) Funny thing is, editing the file works fine...

Feel free to ignore this if you're busy. I'm reasonably confident I can get it sorted...

by Martin Dougiamas -
Cool .. try toggling "slasharguments" on the admin variables page.

by Luciana Brasil -
To other people with the same problem: I was testing Moodle in a local server that didn´t have sendmail installed. That means I couldn´t ask the system to send me a new password by email. I did what some others have suggested in other posts: used phpMyAdmin (you can use any application that lets you look into the database) to copy and paste the known codified password of another user to the password field of the admin account. Now you can log in using admin user and that password.