Unable to edit quizzes

Unable to edit quizzes

by Bill Click -
Number of replies: 5
My new teachers can see the quiz categories but they cannot edit the quizzes themselves.  I know that I must have missed a setting when I set them up but I don't see it.  Any suggestions?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bill Click

Re: Unable to edit quizzes

by James Robertson -

Have any students taken the quizzes?  Once there is any student data you can't add or delete questions, unless you delete all the attempts.  But you can edit questions in the quiz by going into the Quiz Preview and selecting the ID number link to the question.  This changes the question in the category, which is reflected in the quiz.  You could also edit the question directly in the category.

Or do you mean that you have categories but no quizzes, and you still need to create the quizzes?

Or (more likely) do you mean something else altogether?

Jim.

In reply to James Robertson

by Bill Click -
My new teacher, when they build a quiz within their course, go to the page where they can look at all the categories available.  If they click on one of the categories all the questions come up correctly with the exception that they have no selection boxes at the beginning of each.  So, basicly they can select no questions for their quiz.  I know this has to be something really simple that I must have missed, like giving them Editor capabilities, which I think I have done.  I'm just a little confused right now and don't know where to turn.  This forum was my best bet.
In reply to Bill Click

by James Robertson -

Hmm... haven't seen that.  So you see it correctly (as admin?), but the teachers do not, is that it?  Our teachers who create their own quizzes haven't seen this problem.  We are using 1.5.2 v2005060220, about to upgrade to v2005060222.

Anybody else out there know about or have this problem?

In reply to James Robertson

by Joan Tommas -

I've the same problem.

Admin can edit questions but teachers not.
We're using 1.5.3.+ just downloaded a week ago and the questions are from a restored course.

Any help will be appreciate.

In reply to Bill Click

by Gustav W Delius -
There is indeed a page on which teachers can view all the questions in their course and edit them but without being able to add them to a particular quiz. This page is reached for example by clicking on the "Edit questions" button on the quiz index page. To add questions to a quiz teachers first need to go to that particular quiz and then click on Edit.