Backup/Restore problems

Backup/Restore problems

by Paul Taylor -
Number of replies: 3
I have had a hunt through the forums but can't find specifically an answer to this question. I'm pretty sure it is server related rather than Moodle but I have tried everything I know to no avail.
I am running Moodle on a hosted site with FC2. I modify it using SSH and Plesk.
I have set-up all the folder permissions et al and have adjusted the pcl zip file to get rid of the pclzip error. However, when I try to restore the file I get the following error (pic attached).
The moodledata folder is set to 777 and I have tried it with nobody:nogroup, apache:apache, and all the server settings and all combinations in between. I still get the same message.
I know this is a bit vague but perhaps will allow someone to ask me some more pertinent questions so that I can head off in the right direction? Hopefully it is 'doah' type of question that I should know better!

Paul
Attachment mood.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Taylor

Re: Backup/Restore problems

by Paul Taylor -
After trying a few more options and ideas, I am still no closer to a resolution. I have managed to zip up my course but when I download it to my how Linux machine and try to unzip it I get all sorts of errors. I have posted on here and on Mambo before that there is some weirdness in the pclzip library. I had to load a really old version of pclzip.lib.php to make this work (that's how I got Moodle to zip up the course. However, it will not unzip it now.

Archive: /home/paul/Web/temp/backup-appgceedex-20050829-0843.zip
inflating: /home/paul/Web/temp/moodle.xml
error: invalid compressed data to inflate
creating: /home/paul/Web/temp/group_files/
creating: /home/paul/Web/temp/moddata/

This error is repeated several times for each file in the various folders. There is no such error in compressing the file.

Any suggestions?
In reply to Paul Taylor

by Mawuli Kuivi -
I had the same problem. The only way around it was to install unzip on the box. You may aready have this on your box. Check it.

Then set Moodle variable at YourSiteName » Administration » Configuration » Variables » Opeating System when you log in as admin.

Set the unzip variable to the path of your unzip file e.g. /usr/bin/unzip

This should fix your problem.
In reply to Mawuli Kuivi

by Paul Taylor -
Thank you "Root System", it did indeed do the trick, though I had to do the same to my other Moodle machine and re-zip the original package there.
I suppose that is documented clearly somewhere but it would have been quite a hard one to search for?

Thanks again.

Paul