Enrollment Emails

Enrollment Emails

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,  I was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to turn off the confirmation emails that are sent when someone enrolls in a course?  The people I work for think it's confusing to have an email saying to edit your profile go out when people enroll.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Enrollment Emails

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Jeremy,

A quick fix is to simply change the wording of the email--delete the part about editing your profile.  It really is a nice way for users to get confirmation and maybe some more instructions or info about the course.

You can edit it in the moodle/lang/your language/moodle.php file, or go to Administration>>Language>>Edit Strings and edit the wecometocoursetext string.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Deleted user -
Thanks for the help.  However, in this case, they just seem to want it not to go out at all.  I would think it would not be too difficult thing to edit out, I was just wondering if I could be directed to the place that directs moodle to send the email out, so that I can make it not go out.  thanks.
In reply to Deleted user

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Well, it depends on what type of enrollment you are using.  If you are using internal, open the enrol/enrol.class.php file and try commenting out this line:  email_to_user($USER, $teacher, $subject, $message);

If you are using another method, look for this section and comment it out:
if (!empty($CFG->enrol_mailstudents)) {