Want to help with some graphics?

Want to help with some graphics?

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 11
I am involved with the HUGTB moodle project - you can see it's humble start here and read more here and also visit our website here.

Anyway, a lot of people from the moodle community have offered support, both financial and services.

What we now need it a better header image for the www.hugtb.com website. It could be influenced from the official bett site if you like. We could probably use a logo and also a nice header a la moodle.org for our moodle site. Something simple as we want to keep the basic theme recognisable.

Anyone interested? Those who help get a naff badge to put on their site big grin
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Want to help with some graphics?

by N Hansen -
Sorry, what is hugtb (the link doesn't work)? It sounds like it is some group that encourages people to hug tb patients and not be afraid of them (which wouldn't be advisable).

Kind of reminds me of SCORM, which is a pretty awful name. I don't what they were thinking when they came up with an acronym that sounds like a cross between scum and scorn. I took an instant disliking to it from its name.
In reply to N Hansen

by Miles Berry -
HUGTB (Or HUGToB) = Help Us Get To BETT
BETT being the big UK education technology exhibition / junket every January.
The plan is to have a stand there to give away and demonstate Moodle alongisde all the corporate giants trying to win megabucks contracts from LEAs (Local Education Authorities).

Whilst on the subject of acronyms, despite all the wonderfully self referential open source ones (starting with GNU, I believe), my favourite is still TWAIN.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Julian Ridden -
I'm happy to help. Email me more specific ideas or specs if you like. Ill post a couple of ideas here tomorrow.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Dave Townend -
Darren

I'd love to get involved as well

If you intend giving away Moodle on CDs I'd be happy to work on an interactive CD with the Moodle files, general info and maybe a variety of case studies from different sectors on it?

I could probably also work something out to get some duplicated and printed as well.
In reply to Dave Townend

by Darren Smith -
Thanks Julian and Dave - very much appreciated

I have sent you further information in the form of links to our collaborative area in a moodle message smile

Although these URLs aren't fully public yet, anyone else who feels they can contribute something to the cause and would like to work with us is very welcome - just let me know somehow.

In reply to Darren Smith

by Julian Ridden -
if you have not seen allready,I have posted some designs in your HUGToB forum
In reply to Dave Townend

by Miles Berry -
We have in mind a HUGToB Moodle CD(s), which will:
  1. run from the CD without writing to the HD (a LiveCD linux distro, probably OSS-Watch Knoppix derived);
  2. boot from the CD to install a clean server (Edubuntu will be out by then, which includes Moodle ready to run as standard - we can have a semi-infinite number of these disks for free, but not with any content); and/or
  3. install a Windows environment capable of running Moodle, and Moodle itself on a Windows PC.
In (at least) cases 1 and 3, we'd like to package content into the Moodle - so the case studies etc could be set up as courses ready for people to read through, and ideally we'd like some proper courses too, such as Darren's ICT stuff and Mandy's Moodle for Teachers course. Essentially we want them to have an easy way to get their own trial Moodle up and running, and then something to do when they get there. FWIW, I know more about options 1 and 2 than 3.

In reply to Miles Berry

by Drew Buddie -
Great info Miles - now it all (sort of) makes sense to me.
In reply to Miles Berry

by Maik Riecken -
Hi Miles,

I've got a working solution for task 1 (Knoppix derived). Martin is currently testing it.  The content of this cd (moodle system) can be easily customized using windows or linux. If you like to join in our running beta-test you are welcome to email me for further details.

maik.riecken[at]gmx.de

But it is not free, but you don't have to pay money. You will have to give feedback about this development instead of payment - otherwise I would not be able to leave the beta-status clown...

Using Edubuntu for task 2 is a good idea in my opinion - you just have to modify the included debian-installer to your needs. The main problem is to keep the moodlesystem up to date. This could be realized e.g. by using "crontabbed" cvs upgrades.

Maik (from germany)

In reply to Darren Smith

by Drew Buddie -

Darren/Julian,

PLEASE can we use HUGTOB (the capital 'O' when it is the 'o' from 'To' doesn't matter) - looks aesthetically better. As you can actually SAY that word? That was what on the badges I had made.  Sorry I missed that when you first alerted me to the badge you'd made - I was so impressed by it.  big grin

Team HUGTOB.

Cheers,

Drew