Moodle at the BETT Show: Help Now Needed

Moodle at the BETT Show: Help Now Needed

by Darren Smith -
Number of replies: 4
I am posting this message in this forum as the BETT software thread is here and I want those in here who have expressed wiling to help with this project, be that financial or otherwise, to be kept in the loop.

The BETT Show is a very important UK Education Technology show and some people in this forum have expressed a desire to work together to raise funds to enable a Moodle presence. Actually, reading the blurb on their site it is a very important international ICT education show.

A lot of prep work has being going on behind the scenes over the last couple of days. Drew in particular has been coming up with a lot of ideas. Everyone involved is keen for this to be a community project which is why there is to be a website set up specifically aimed at the BETT show project. It is intended that this website would be a one-stop shop for various media people, potential sponsors and various and influential contacts as well as a central place to record pledges, targets and project progress.

Although this is an event held in London, if any of our international colleagues wish to contribute with articles, fund raising ideas, graphical images or a few thousand pound wink then your help would be most welcome, if not essential smile

As this is very much on-topic then further announcements will be made in the K-12 Schools forum here on moodle.org. If you are interested in this project and are not yet subscribed / tracking said forum then please do so now.

Thank you for your time.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Darren Smith

Re: Moodle at the BETT Show: Help Now Needed

by Drew Buddie -

I echo everything Darren has said, and thanks to him, a lot of EXCITING preparatory work has gone on over the weekend.  We think you'll like it.

Our first call for help is for anyone with Photoshop skills and some time to spare in the next few days.  We really need someone to work to a brief for a flyer and logo for our project.

If you think you can help, please email me privately: drew at buddie dot plus dot com and I'll tell you what we have in mind. 

Also if anone has experience with BROADCASTING podcasts (not recording them), could they also get in touch privately?

All responses will then be summarised in this thread and in the K-12 one and credit will be given to everyone who has offered assistance.

We'll have more specific pleas like this one, for help in the coming weeks.  But this could be a great chance to get involved with a collaborative attempt to bring Moodle to a wider audience.

The build up to the BETT show receives MAJOR coverage in the general Educational press, as well as more specific ICT-related magazines.  What we have set in motion (and all will be revealed soon) could just help us to grab some excellent media coverage in the weeks leading up to BETT.  Please be a part of this with us by helping where you feel you can.

In reply to Drew Buddie

by Sean Keogh -
I am afraid that I am *WAAAAY* too busy with the conference coming up, and the start of the academic year looming, to be able to help out in any meaningful way.

However, I have already offered Drew the chance to raffle things at the conference, and have thrown our supply of Moodle books and LessonBuilder Licences into the pot to be raffled.  In addition, with a change of hats, I am willing as a UK Moodle Partner to donate £200 towards the cost of the stand at BETT, as long as you don't see this as a conflict of interests.

Sean K Beardie
In reply to Sean Keogh

by Darren Smith -
The raffle will help a lot - thanks for that.

I can't see a conflict of interest being a moodle partner so I will take your money off you smile

I'm also good for 50 quid to start with (and have paid for the domain name and web hosting) so that brings our current total for pledges to £350 already approve

I will put up the URL where people can donate and get further information soon. It will probably get a mention at the moot also smile
In reply to Drew Buddie

by Sean Keogh -
Broadcasting podcasts?  You mean as in streaming them?

That is pretty easy...linux server, copy of Helix or Darwin, bit of bandwidth, bosh, Robert's your Mother's Brother.

If you want to know more about this, contact me after the MoodleMoot.

Sean K

P.S.

If you mean something else by "Broadcasting" then I apologise for receiving on the wrong channel wink