Workshop -- Struggling with Non-Submissions & Closing

Workshop -- Struggling with Non-Submissions & Closing

by Hans Gutbrod -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all, 

I used Moodle way back in 2005, etc (had to re-register), and really liked the Workshop module, which I often used for teaching. I am now trying to introduce this Workshop module at the University of Bamberg, and I am, unfortunately, totally stuck. I looked through the FAQs, watched the videos, but I did not see my problem mentioned. 

Main issue: I cannot close the workshop, and people cannot see their results.

Some people have not participated, so some items are left dangling? Is this the issue? If so, where exactly do I go in to change or override? I've tried multiple options, to no avail. (Arrow pointing to those who received no points yet.)

Not assessed

As a result of all of this, I can't close the Workshop -- and students can't see the feedback. (When I click on the "closing", I am taken to Settings again.)

closing

So how can I close this? 

I would like to make the Workshop module a success, I don't think it has been used much in Bamberg yet -- but right now I am struggling. Any advice much appreciated -- this really seems fairly complicated, even to people that knew the old workshop. 

Thanks, 

Hans

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hans Gutbrod

Re: Workshop -- Struggling with Non-Submissions & Closing

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You close the workshop in the same way as you moved it through all the previous phases - click the lightbulb icon (or, as we both are from EU, the heatball icon) next to the "Geschlossen".

The fact that some students did not participate in the workshop does not block the closing it. However, it is always a good idea to go through the report of final grades during the "Bewertungsphase" to make sure that students got reasonable grades. There is known usability issue with this when you have hundreds of students (as we experienced during recent Moodle MOOCs) and that will be hopefully fixed one day.

HTH, and thanks for promoting Workshop at your uni.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Workshop -- Struggling with Non-Submissions & Closing

by Hans Gutbrod -

David, 

thank you, that did solve it. The workshop was always what I liked best in Moodle, so glad to see it continuing as a feature!

Hans