Managing Observation Checklists in Moodle

Managing Observation Checklists in Moodle

by Didier Moutia -
Number of replies: 8

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have been searching the web for sometime trying to solve a problem.

I have a course in Moodle which has been a huge success. The course I teach has both a theory and practical component. I manage all the theory parts in Moodle well.

As part of my course I need to observe people in the work environment. I would like to manage this in Moodle. So I need an idea how I can accommodate the following:

1. Assessment is done offline.

2. Each skill assessed is either marked as "Competent" or "Not yet Competent".

3. The instructor needs to be able to enter the assessment in Moodle. 

4. Students should not be able to modify the assessment. The could view the assessment if that functionality is supported.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Attached you will find the word version of the observation checklist.

Cheers,

Didier

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Didier Moutia

Re: Managing Observation Checklists in Moodle

by Just H -

Might be a silly question but have you looked at the Checklist module?

In reply to Just H

by Didier Moutia -

Not such a silly question. I was not aware of the checklist module. I will look into it. Thank you.

by Robert Brenstein -
Then of course, the assignment module has an offline assignment mode which can be combined with a custom grading scale containing the elements that you want.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Didier Moutia -
Thank you so much this has been really useful!

by William Lu -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If you only want your instructor to upload his/her assessment sheet as you attached file:

Offline Assignment is good enough and easy to do -- Create a scale of "Competent" or "Not yet Competent", assessors are able to upload file, student can't edit but can view it.

You can use checklist as Just H suggested, but there are no field for users to input text, unless you modified your checkings to 'no comment' needed.

If you do want comments, Feedback/Questionnaire can do it easily, but no attached files.

If you want checkings and comments as well as files, you have to use Quiz.

Your form can  be done in Database mod too. Moodle has many good tools to use but I think you should try the 'offline assignment' first.

HTH

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to William Lu

by Didier Moutia -

This looks like the best option and definitely what I will proceed with. Thank you so much.