Student side missing 'Submit All and Finish Attempt'

Student side missing 'Submit All and Finish Attempt'

by Jason Touw -
Number of replies: 3
Quick question...I cannot figure out what is going on with a Test that I created in Moodle.

I created a test using the quiz module.  The test was set with no time limit, but did have date limits (Jan 13-15).  I set the 'when time expires' to 'open attempts are submitted automatically.'

Students took the test.  At the end of the test, they needed to 'Submit all and Finish'.  This would give Moodle the go ahead to grade the attempt.

When I go into the test and review the grades, three students are still showing 'In Progress.'  Hence, I have no grade.  I thought that if they logged in again, they could go into the assignment and click 'Submit all and Finish'.  Not the case.  All they have is a "Review Attempt" button and they can review the attempt, but there appears to be no way to submit.  There is no "Submit" button.  When I looked at the user overrides, there is no override in place.  How do I get these assignments graded?  I still have one student that needs to make up the test so I am worried that if I click "Regrade" will that fix the students that are in progress and also give the student that didn't start a zero?

Please help!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Touw

Re: Student side missing 'Submit All and Finish Attempt'

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Is Cron running on your server?

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mike Verna -

I am having a similar problem as described above.

CRON is running as it should, I also forced the tasks to run.

2.7.3+ (Build: 20141112)

Quiz Version:  2014051200

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jason Touw -

Yes, Cron is running.  I ended up manually looking at each question and recording their answers so that I could grade it manually.  Not the best way, but I got the quiz scored!