admin/ page doesn't load after CVS update to 1.52stable

admin/ page doesn't load after CVS update to 1.52stable

by Eric Eberhardt -
Number of replies: 12
I just now ran the cvs update -dP command to update to 1.52. After I did, the admin/index.php yields a "done" but the page is blank.  Any ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eric Eberhardt

Re: admin/ page doesn't load after CVS update to 1.52stable

by Eric Eberhardt -
I've tried again this morning on 2 separate Moodle installs, and I still get the blank admin/index.php page. Is there something wrong with the latest MOODLE_15_STABLE on the CVS?

by Eric Eberhardt -

I still am having no luck with this. Does anyone know why I am getting this when I runn the MOODLE_15_STABLE upgrade? I even tried deleting the moodle directory and database and redownloading it. I get the same result.

I am going to try  MOODLE_152.

Any help for would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Attachment moodle_152_error.jpg

by Eric Eberhardt -
I just tried setting up MOODLE_152 and I still get the same result.  When it runs and creates the databases during the install, it seems to stop abbruptly after the SCORM table.
Attachment moodle_152_error.jpg

by Eric Eberhardt -

I tried MOODLE_152 and got the same result. So I cleared everything and tried MOODLE_14_STABLE and everything seems to be working.

I want to use MOODLE 1.52-HELP!!!

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is obviously not normal behaviour.  Can you look in your Apache/PHP logs to see if there are any useful error messages?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Eric Eberhardt -

Martin,

I don't have any unusal errors. I tried upgrading a totally separate installation and I get the same problem.

[Fri Jul 22 12:26:16 2005] [error] [client 67.78.234.173] File does not exist: /usr/home/moodlecoolg/moodle/favicon.ico

That's all I get for that install in the errors.

www.coolgenius.com/admin

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
1/ check permissions of your moodledata directory
2/ add $CFG->debug = 15; to config.php
3/ comment out following from lib/setup.php
    error_reporting(0);  // Hide errors

Then you should get at least some error messages, if not try adding echo("grrr"); to various places in setup.php...

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Eric Eberhardt -

Petr,

I followed your suggested steps above and I get the following WARNING:

Notice: Undefined property: version in /usr/home/moodlefiaa/moodle/admin/index.php on line 24

which leads to (the best I can tell):

/// This is a Moodle 1.5 hack ONLY to fix accidental bad versions from version.php
/// Do not copy this code into HEAD

if ($CFG->version == '2005072100') {
        set_config('version', 2005060221);
    }

There are no other errors.  Since the install seems to hang up after the Scorm additions, I am thinking this is database related. Is there a .sql containing all database creations that I can manually run? I just need to get over the db creation hurdle I think?

Thank you,

Eric

In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Eric Eberhardt -

Martin,

I don't know if this helps but Moodle_14_STABLE and HEAD both install fine for me. None of the 1.5 branches install...15, 151, 152, 15_STABLE.

Regards,

Eric

by Tim Allen -
This has happened to me in the past when I have had non-standard blocks or modules in my moodle installation.  Was this the case?  Try removing them one at a time to see which one is causing the conflict.

For example, I recently upgraded my book module, and left the old book module folder in there (called "book_old") and when I forgot to delete it, I was getting the blank admin page.  As soon as I deleted it, everything was back to normal.

HTHsmile
Tim.
In reply to Tim Allen

by Eric Eberhardt -
It is a fresh install of Moodle 152. I don't have any other blocks.