Myer-Griggs type personality tests

Myer-Griggs type personality tests

by Miles Nicholl -
Number of replies: 2

I am a newbie to Moodle.  I selected it based on it's reputation and am glad I did.

I have built a course based around personal skills and personality evaluation.  Because there are no right/wrong answers in such a course normal grading is inadequate.

I have designed a very simple, generic, solution to this problem which would work with multiple-choice, matching or true-false quiz types.  It involves creating a couple of reference only tables and adding a group field to the answers table. Nothing changes as far as the user is concerned and only a small amount of programming is required to make it work.

I'm not a programmer so I would need someone make this a reality.

Is anyone interested in such a project?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miles Nicholl

Re: Myer-Griggs type personality tests

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Hi Miles, I could not leave you without an answer entirely, but please, do not feel ignored or unsupported here. What you propose sounds like a good idea, but the problem is that there are not that many people in these forums who do that much coding. Many do not know anything about coding, or are not interested in it. Most, I suspect, are like me, have little or no idea about PHP, but know something about coding, and will tinker with their Moodles, and other PHP apps they use, but there are very few full time developers. Those who are, are usually too busy to help with such a project. The tinkerers knowledge ranges from little to lots, and can usually give good advice on how to do some things, but they do not trust their own project development skills, and often with good reasons. 

Perhaps your best bet would be to continue your design work and start the basic structural work yourself. As you learn more, and start to learn what questions you need to ask, there are plenty of people here, and elsewhere, who could help with specific advice, even if not the actual coding, in the Developers Forum. There are also other forums where tutorials and further support for PHP-MySQL/PostGres app developers can be found, I am sure. You might want to start with the Zend forums. 

Good luck and I hope it works for you...