mdl48306

mdl48306

by dawn alderson -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

re:   https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=276396

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=276155

I am laughing-because as per I am two days behind you all with this.....what a clown eh!

Anyway, I can understand the points made and want to add to the activity chooser convo.

1. I agree with Tim in that fiddling around with it to improve font size/width/line spacing and whatever other dev secretarial issues that are pledged to justify ease of accessibility-for some- is/sounds big-ish and time-consuming and possibly a distraction from more important/priorities/stuff....maybe smile  

2. I can also see the point Jez makes in that the activity chooser could and should be button categories...really I do see this as making sense.  Now, I have used a number of systems....Bb, OU system, Moodle and WebCT (as teacher and learner).....I also follow Canvas development closely because I like to do that as a hobby.... laughing again smile........however, teachers do-quite often use thematic/categorized approaches in their teaching practices-I know- I have and do.....and so a media button makes absolute sense to me......and so on.....now this is about accessibility/immediacy/choice.  

3. What Jez proposes next in his pitch....is such a file picker/activity chooser on the learner's interface just like the teacher  can access on their UI.....now.....if we are seeking consistency...then the style/dev secretarial approach also needs to be consistent so, new features....like the learner drop-down menu can build on what has gone before...building on what is there at the mo...without MDL-48306....well how does that square for future new features as outlined here?  I think if we are to think along those lines-long term improvements not necessarily short term pain in the arse adjustments for no obvious reason then we may all be on the same page-or not of course.  I suppose it is about priorities and workload=  practicalities and therefore need to take precedence.  

D

Average of ratings: -