Disappearing Grades

Disappearing Grades

by Christina Dempsey -
Number of replies: 1
Hi all,

We are running Moodle 2.5 on our campus. We've had a few minor instances lately where a student's grades are completely wiped out in the gradebook.It's very strange when it happens because it usually doesn't effect anyone else's grades in the gradebook, just that one student. If you put the grades back into the gradebook, they will stick once you save it.

Has this ever happened to anyone? If so, what did you do to correct it? Any suggestions on what we can do to try to figure out the solution?

Thanks,

Christina

In reply to Christina Dempsey

Re: Disappearing Grades

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

This happened a few times at my school. It was generally (but not always) due to more than one person grading in the gradebooks. The teachers had to work out a schedule of when to be grading assignment, or to make sure they weren't grading the same assignments as this causes all the data to not be saved.

At othertimes, it happened when there was only one teacher teaching a course. I don't know the cause. I just told the teachers to grade 5 assignments at a time and then save (and verify that the data was indeed saved) before moving on to more assignments. 

This was best solution we could come up with for this situation. And I'm open to other suggestions.