Site wide course manager privileges

Site wide course manager privileges

by Richard Crawford -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.3.2. We don't have the manpower right now to upgrade, unfortunately.

We have four course developers on our staff, and each one has the ability to do anything within a course, but not create any courses. I have a script that I run occasionally to enroll these users into these courses as "course developers" (a role we developed) so that they can do anything in the course except see submitted assignments, quiz results, and so on.

Is there a way to assign a role to these developers so that they can do anything in the courses without having to be specifically enrolled in them?

TIA

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Crawford

Re: Site wide course manager privileges

by Melissa Benson -

So the Manager role won't work because you don't want them to create courses?

In reply to Melissa Benson

by Richard Crawford -

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it!

We do want our course developers to be able to create courses, but we need them to be able to go in and edit existing courses without being enrolled in them.

Richard

In reply to Melissa Benson

by Richard Crawford -

I think I've got it. Someone set the "view course without participation" capability to "prohibit". I've set it to "Allow", and this seems to have done the trick.

In reply to Richard Crawford

by Melissa Benson -

I was going to say, I give certain people the Manager role per course category and that gives them editing rights. I don't remember if I changed any role permissions or not. It's a nice role to have for people at schools who are the "go to" Moodle person to help other teachers.