Moodle 2.8 Grade Book Single View Glitch?

Moodle 2.8 Grade Book Single View Glitch?

by Coleen Fillion -
Number of replies: 4

Several items in my grade book have been added in the old "Simple View" now called "Categories and Items".  When updating my marks for one of these items in "Single View" either by item or by student, after I hit "Update", I receive a message saying the number of marks that have been updated.  When I go to the Grader Report, they are updated there; however, when I go back to "Single View", the marks remain blank!  So when I'm updating an item or a student, I constantly think they have a mark missing when it really isn't!  It makes it hard to use "Simple View" when you can't trust what you're seeing! 

Am I missing something? or this a glitch?

In reply to Coleen Fillion

Re: Moodle 2.8 Grade Book Single View Glitch?

by A. A. -

I spotted the same problem. But more precisely it happens only when you display Single View for Global grades of a category or of the entire course.

It happens too for grade items not linked to any activity.

It only shows grades for activities.

It also would be better to strip off HTML markup in the feedback text box.

by Mike Landis -

I'm noticing this problem too.  Apparently for gradebook items in Moodle 2.8.1, if you are in the new single view for an assignment or for a user, you see rows like this:

View of simple view not showing grades

(edit pencil) |  Fred Stone    |  range (0-30]  |  Grade [ empty field ] | Feedback [ Empty Field ] ....

Even if you have set a grade for Fred in the gradebook.

If you put in some feedback, that does show up.  But grades are missing.  Happens for Single View for an assignment and for a particular student.

I love the new Single View though!  But this will need to be fixed.  You can tell your faculty to be sure and put in some feedback when setting a grade so that they can tell which ones actually have grades assigned.

Version: Moodle 2.8.1+ (Build: 20141211)

by Mike Landis -

This bug is marked as critical in the Moodle Tracker MDL-48347 and is marked "Ready for Testing" at the present time.

Good to know!

In reply to Mike Landis

by Kumar Kashyap -

Hi! Is this bug fixed? I am still experiencing the same issue. The grades do not update on the first try. The professors have to update the grades couple of times to set the updated grade for a student.