Moodle 1.5 installation problems fantastico

Moodle 1.5 installation problems fantastico

by Marty Cielens -
Number of replies: 2
I am having a problem with new installations of 1.5 using fantastico. My ISP (L40) uses Fantastico installer to allow users to manage Moodle installations. Last week I upgraded all my 1.4 installations to 1.5 - no problems. . Everything seems to go fine with new 1.5 installations except that it skips the database configuration steps.

Once I click instal, the process takes me straight to the site. The most obvious evidence of a problem is that the breadcrumbs don't show the home location for the installation.

My ISP (L40) is being quite tardy about tackling the issue from their end, so I figured I'd check if there were any know installation issues with 1.5 and fantastico.

Marty
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marty Cielens

Re: Moodle 1.5 installation problems fantastico

by Jason Hando -
Marty,

I've just performed upgrade using Fantastico to version 1.5 and all went well except for two error messages.... I am wondering if you pointed your browser to moodle/admin after instalation to finish database upgrades etc. When i did this I had several pages worth of sql upgrades to click through, clicking "continue" each time.

My breadcrumbs work fine.... and other sign of problems from your site? What is the available disk space on your server (look in Cpanel, left hand side)? Perhaps the install ran out of space cause Fantastico does a backup as part of the process.

Just some thoughts...Jason
In reply to Jason Hando

Re: Moodle 1.5 installation problems fantastico

by Marty Cielens -
Thanks Jason will check that out. With 1.4, when I installed via Fantastico, it told me to go to the database upgrade script and then started the upgrade process. I will try it manually.

Marty