Printing a completed quiz in Moodle 2.5.1 from IE

Printing a completed quiz in Moodle 2.5.1 from IE

by Tony Dunsworth -
Number of replies: 2

We have users who are trying to print a completed quiz to pdf. (I don't know why, but this is what I get) However, when they hit print preview or when they print to pdf, the first page of questions comes out fine but all subsequent pages have the questions so right shifted in IE that they don't appear on the document.

I did notice that I don't have the same issues when I print in Firefox and Chrome. So does anyone else know a setting we're missing to get it to print correctly from IE?

We're using Moodle 2.5.1 and we're using IE 9 and 10 on most machines.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tony Dunsworth

Re: Printing a completed quiz in Moodle 2.5.1 from IE

by dawn alderson -

Tony, hi

thanks for this.  It made me think and think a little bit more.  I have been hanging out with too many geeks and as a consequence I am now becoming cynical tongueout

In turn, when you say:

We're using Moodle 2.5.1 and we're using IE 9 and 10 on most machines.

this is how it goes....IE...microsoft......Adobe.......

=you need to have all the latest Vs for things to connect up evilevil

a Friday end of day giggle... cannot understand why all this interests me so much wide eyes 

Nice weekend all

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

Re: Printing a completed quiz in Moodle 2.5.1 from IE

by Tony Dunsworth -

I understand. Were I able to, I would certainly bring everything up to date in the MS world. However, I have to leave everyone's browsers where they are by corporate policy and since 2.5.1 is doing everything we need, nobody wants me to touch it yet. (We're waiting for a new SAN to be built before I can play with it and put 2.7 or 2.8 latest on that.)

Which is why I was wondering where this was going to go.

I can understand the good giggle at the end of your Friday.

Thanks!

Tony