Change Default Answer Option Format?

This forum post has been removed

Number of replies: 10
The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Change Default Answer Option Format?

by dawn alderson -

April, hi

yes you can create quiz answers in HTML if that is your question.  See:

https://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Multiple_Choice_question_type

but-and I could be wrong-...browser issues need to be considered.....chrome should be fine. 

cheers,

Dawn 

In reply to dawn alderson

In reply to Deleted user

by dawn alderson -

ummm.....well first can I ask you why HTML as default?  You see, I need that info to think more about it...I know a reason for HTML as default, and that is I presume, gives you more freedom/choice in terms of creating your quiz-perhaps...do you have other reasons?

I see this reason, (addendum smile   'We are having to manually change this setting on some questions that use formulas'.   To be honest...what is wrong with having to change a setting? = I deduce time-consuming.....but to have default mode....may not suit all needs...am not sure putting something as default like you suggest is justifiably sound....but please, I could be wrong-I am not there-if it is just a question of having access to a default setting as a choice I suppose that would be useful. As it stands I think the answer is no.  

Secondly, when you say 'all answer options' ...are you reaching wider than multichoice now?

D

In reply to dawn alderson

In reply to Deleted user

by dawn alderson -

Thank for that  April.

Fair enough, a default 'option'.

I have a different answer if wider than multichoice.

cheers,

Dawn

In reply to Deleted user

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

HTML format is the default.

Where did these questions come from? In some cases, some question import formats were defaulting to Moodle auto-format, but I thought we had fixed that long ago.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by dawn alderson -

I suppose,  reading this thread....the question might be: is there not a need for auto-format  as a choice-that might be there of course I am still working out the right end of the stick for moodle.....thanks for bearing with me.

D

In reply to Deleted user

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello April

Can we try to somewhat divide the problem so that it is easier to solve it

• When you try to create a new multichoice question in Moodle (not imported) are the editors in HTML format or not ? If not, upgrade your Moodle
  • If you have this problem with questions that were imported, what file format do you use for import (gift, Moodle XML, Blackboard, ...). I think that this problem is now solved in all import formats, but it would be good to verify, and here also upgrading will surely help
  • If you have this problem with questions in course that were restored, with what version of Moodle where these backup files created ?
One last thing, if part of you problem is changing all existing answers of multichoice questions in your database that use Moodle autoformat to use HTML format, that is another problem, and a very short php script could help.
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by dawn alderson -

Hey,

for clarity Jean, are you saying:

• When you try to create a new multichoice question in Moodle (not imported) are the editors in HTML format or not ? If not, upgrade your Moodle-So not all Eds are in HTML as default across Moodle Vs, but in the very least the option to switch is there however?
  • If you have this problem with questions that were imported, what file format do you use for import (gift, Moodle XMLBlackboard, ...). I think that this problem is now solved in all import formats, but it would be good to verify, and here also upgrading will surely help-So, no worries about browser choice here?
  • If you have this problem with questions in course that were restored, with what version of Moodle where these backup files created ?  Why does the version matter Jean?

One last thing, if part of you problem is changing all existing answers of multichoice questions in your database that use Moodle autoformat to use HTML format, that is another problem, and a very short php script could help.  This makes me think that choice/options as opposed to a default of any nature might be more useful for the practitioner because as I said earlier I think there is much value in having an autoformat option too. 

Lastly- a very short php script could help. Whom? tongueout     Teachers with no idea about PHP.....

HH

Dawn