Self-Enrolment with Group Enrolment Key not allocating students into Groups

Self-Enrolment with Group Enrolment Key not allocating students into Groups

by Tish Kirkland -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

My self-enrolment into groups does not place students into their groups.

I can't find out why this isn't happening as it should. My understanding is that if the student uses and enrolment key to enrol (e.g. EK123), and that same enrolment key (EK123) is used for a group's enrolment key, then the student is automatically placed into that group, provided that 'use group enrolment key' is ticked. Is that right?

I've got one course with 4 groups in the course. (Each group has its own teacher, so that the teacher only receives notifications from their own students.) Each group has its own enrolment key. That group enrolment key matches the enrolment key in one of the 4 self-enrolment methods.

For example:

Self-Enrolment method with a custom instance name of 'Class A' has the Enrolment Key 'EK123', and a Group named 'Class A' has the Enrolment Key 'EK123'.

'Class B' has Enrolment Key 'EK456' for their course enrolment and  'EK456' for their group enrolment key.

etc.

Although students are able to enrol into the course with their group enrolment keys, they are not automatically being placed into their allocated groups.

I've looked at and tried different settings, but the problem remains.

Can you please tell me which settings I should check and/or if there is a step I am missing?

Using Moodle 2.7.1

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tish Kirkland

Re: Self-Enrolment with Group Enrolment Key not allocating students into Groups

by Tish Kirkland -

I am very happy to say that I have answered my own problem.

Sometimes it just takes writing it out to think about it in a different way!

I realised that I did not need to create a separate enrolment instance for each group. By doing that, I was adding an extra step that was not required.

Rather than deleting it, I've left this post here in case anyone else has had the same problem.