Drupal/Moodle auto enrolment

Drupal/Moodle auto enrolment

by Michael Rice -
Number of replies: 2

Hi All,

I am trying to create a php script to automatically enroll a user into a course.  We have a Drupal website with a Drupal/Moodle SSO plugin.  Drupal is handling payment processing, but from what I know I can only have the user click on a link to go to the course in Moodle.  So far I have tried automatically posting all of the variables in the self enrollment form, but to no avail. Here is the code I have so far:

<?php

$course = htmlspecialchars($_GET['course']);

switch ($course) {

case "theCourseTheUserWantsToTake":

$curlConnection = curl_init('http://ourmoodlesite.com/enrol/index.php?id=2');

curl_setopt($curlConnection, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, 5);

curl_setopt($curlConnection, CURLOPT_USERAGENT,'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)');

curl_setopt($curlConnection, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);

curl_setopt($curlConnection, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

curl_setopt($curlConnection, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);

curl_setopt($curlConnection, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, 'id=2&instance=3&sesskey=' . $USER->sesskey . '&_qf__3_enrol_self_enrol_form=1&mform_isexpanded_id_selfheader=1&enrolpassword=selfEnrollPassword&enrolpasswordunmask=0');

$result = curl_exec($curlConnection);

curl_close($curlConnection);

echo $result;

header('Location: http://ourmoodlesite.com/course/view.php?id=2');

break;

default:

echo 'no course found';

}

?>

The $result variable isn't outputting anything and I haven't been able to find any logs indicating why this isn't working. Any ideas on why this isn't working or another method for automatically enrolling a user into a course?  I am also looking at the IMS Enterprise plugin where I would write the necessary information to the file and run the cronjob to update the enrollments.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

-Michael

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Rice

Re: Drupal/Moodle auto enrolment

by jon sharp -

Have you tried using Moodle's web services interface (from Drupal)?