Re: Journal - activity completion

Re: Journal - activity completion

by Gavin Hartley -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Floyd.

Trust that you are well.

I am using moodle and have a problem with adding activity completion tick for journal? Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gavin Hartley

Re: Clinical teaching

by Floyd Saner -

Gavin,

First, be certain Completion Tracking is enabled in the Site Administration settings.  By default it is turned off.  See https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Activity_completion

Second, be certain Completion Tracking is enabled in the Course Administration settings.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

Re: Clinical teaching

by Gavin Hartley -

Thank you Floyd.

All the settings is enabled  but I wanted the tick to autocomplete. In order for it to happen I had to add a grade to the journal.

Journal

by Gavin Hartley -

Eish, not working yet even though grade was added. This only happens with a journal

Re: Journal

by Gavin Hartley -
Just an image to point in a directionI've solved the problem

I'm a php developer and in order for you to do this setting you need to ask your progammer to edit this:

Under mod->journal->lib.php you need to change FEATURE_COMPLETION_TRACKS_VIEWS from false to true.

Under mod->journal->view.php(you can choose where you would like for it to happen for e.g. edit.php) add this under $event->trigger()

// Update 'viewed' state if required by completion system
require_once($CFG->libdir . '/completionlib.php');
$completion = new completion_info($course);
$completion->set_module_viewed($cm);

Now sign in as a administrator and turn editing on. Now you will see that Require view is there as a setting. Choose that setting and under Completion tracking dropdown menu choose 'Show activity as complete when conditions are met'

Re: Journal

by David Monllaó -

Thanks Gavin, activity completion seems a good feature to add to the journal module.

Regards,

David