thematoweb.com site

thematoweb.com site

Napisane przez: Leta Rogers ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 1

About a week ago, there was an attempt to log onto my Facebook profile from Tokyo using my correct password. As I had logged on from the U.S. shortly before then, it blocked the log on attempt and notified me. I checked my records, and the only other time I used this password and email account combo was several years ago when I registered for thematoweb.com. I've always used easier to remember, lower security passwords for forums--i.e., not something I would use with a site that had personal information, like Facebook--but I remember that thematoweb required a higher security password in order to register. (Now I would just generate a one-off strong password at dinopass.com ...)

Anyway, here is the whois for the current thematoweb site:

http://www.whois.net/whois/thematoweb.com

So, to whoever was running that affiliated site, I think there is a good chance that the user database was hacked. Moodle never got off the ground at our school, so I have not checked in here or there for years. The Wayback Machine last shows the thematoweb working on July 20, 2013. Reporting this here as it is not an active code vulnerability, but I can report on the tracker, if you regulars think I should.

W odpowiedzi na Leta Rogers

Re: thematoweb.com site

Napisane przez: Richard Oelmann ()
Obraz Core developers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers

I don't recall thematoweb ever actually being affiliated to moodle.org or any of the partners - simply a site providing a tool for creating themes for Moodle 1.9, so i don't think a tracker post would help.

'Themato is an initiative to promote Moodle and the ease of using it. It is carefully curated and nurtured by a group of enthusiasts from the moodle community.'

Possibly the previous owner and other users of the thematoweb site may still be active on the forums and will see your warning about passwords on multiple sites though.