Using Feedback for course evaluations

Using Feedback for course evaluations

by Sali Kaceli -
Number of replies: 3

I am using Moodle 2.7 and hoping to use the feedback module for our course evaluations. Currently I am using individual surveys in each course but the problem is that the results are not aggregated across courses and programs. 

So if I use this option, is there any tool out there that would help in aggregating the results across all courses? 

Option 2: Create a survey in the front page and then use the Survey Block. Problem so far with that are :  the faculty can see the feedback submitted for other courses under the Analysis Tab and also students cannot take the survey in more than one course. I do not want to enable multiple responses as i do not want a student to submit the same survey multiple times within a course. 

Are there any solutions to option 2? Or can anyone recommend a better solution? I would prefer that the faculty be able to see their own feedback similar to option 1 but yet be able to aggregate the results. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sali Kaceli

Re: Using Feedback for course evaluations

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Hi,

If you use the feedback block with a frontpage located feedback a student can do a submit for each course he is enrolled. But you are right. Each person who can see the results can see all results.

Best regards
Andreas

In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Edd Talbot -

HI Sal,

We ran into the same problem but felt that it was important for staff to have ownership of their feedback as well as to have a center overview.

We created a feedback survey as a template and asked staff to add it to their courses. I then used the queries below to collate the information fro centre and area wide reports.

The results I then processed in Excel.

A couple of things to note about our setup:

1) we use Moodle categories to define our schools/centres

2) A feedback survey created from a template is in fact a completely new survey so we had to match the questions themselves. You'll have to change the query to look for the exact text of your questions.

This will cause me an issue this year because I will have to change each question in order to be able to identify it from last year.

I hope this makes sense and these are useful to you

select mc.fullname as `Course\Module`, mcc.name as School, mfi.name Question, avg(value) as average_score, count(mfi.name) as submissions, if(concat('',value*1)=value,'', concat(group_concat(value),'\n')) as comments
from mdl_feedback_value as mfv
join mdl_feedback_item as mfi
on (mfv.item = mfi.id)
JOIN mdl_feedback as mf
ON (mf.id = mfi.feedback)
JOIN mdl_course as mc
ON (mc.id = mf.course)
JOIN mdl_course_categories as mcc
ON(mc.category = mcc.id)
where

mfi.name = 'On a scale of 1-4 how satisfied are you with the TEACHING AND ACADEMIC SUPPORT on this module?'
OR
mfi.name = 'Comments on TEACHING AND ACADEMIC SUPPORT'
OR
mfi.name = 'On a scale of 1-4 how satisfied are you with the LEARNING RESOURCES on this module?'
OR
mfi.name = 'Comments on LEARNING RESOURCES'
OR
mfi.name = 'On a scale of 1-4 how satisfied are you with the METHODS OF ASSESSMENT on this module?'
OR
mfi.name = 'Comments on METHODS OF ASSESSMENT'
OR
mfi.name = 'On a scale of 1-4 how satisfied are you with the FEEDBACK FROM ASSESSMENTS on this module?'
OR
mfi.name = 'Comments on FEEDBACK FROM ASSESSMENTS'
OR
mfi.name = 'On a scale of 1-4 how satisfied are you OVERALL with this module?'
OR
mfi.name = 'Comments on the MODULE OVERALL'
GROUP BY feedback, mfi.name
ORDER BY feedback, position

In reply to Edd Talbot

by Sali Kaceli -

Edd, 

Thank you for your time in posting all that valuable info. I will see what I can find using your info. and report back.