Grades Not Appearing in My Gradebook - A Glossary Activity

Grades Not Appearing in My Gradebook - A Glossary Activity

by Mark Weldon -
Number of replies: 10

Hello.

Is the above activity supported by the grade book? The grades for the above activity do not appear in my gradebook.

I wanted students to enter in three terms / concepts which I graded. I set the ratings in the gradebook to 'sum of ratings'.

However, nothing is appearing in the gradebook.

Can anyone help?

Mark.

In reply to Mark Weldon

Re: Grades Not Appearing in My Gradebook - A Glossary Activity

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

When you  go into the settings of this activity, what did you select as the grading category? If 'none' is selected, try selecting an option there and see it it appears ok your grade book. 

In reply to John Provasnik

by Mark Weldon -

Hi John.

Thanks for your response.

I went into the settings and it initially said ´uncatagorized´. So I changed it to the category Microeconomics - one of the categories I set up in the grade book. However, the grades still don´t appear.

What is slightly mysterious too is that I also set up a category in the gradebook ´ Introductory Concepts´which I wanted to nest the glossary in, but it does not appear as choice on the drop-down list in the activity settings. Only the Microeconomics category appears.

Mark.

In reply to Mark Weldon

by Bob Puffer -

Post your cats and items screenshot

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Mark Weldon -

Hi Bob.

Thanks for your mail and I apologize for the the late reply.

I solved this problem by completely deleting the glossary and creating a new one. Glossary grades are now appearing in the gradebook.

But I now have another similar problem.

I have just created a quiz whose grades do not seem to appear in my grade book. I tested it using a test student.

Also, the 'eye' of the quiz doesn't even appear (open or closed ) on the  gradebook! See screen shot enclosed - it is the basic concepts quiz.

Can you help?

Hear from you,

Mark.

Mark.

Attachment screenshot quiz
In reply to Mark Weldon

by Bob Puffer -

You can only change visibility for a quiz from the quiz. My guess is once you make it visible grades will appear as long as you have a close date.

In reply to Bob Puffer

Re: Grades Not Appearing in My Gradebook - A Quiz Activity

by Mark Weldon -

Hi Bob.

Thanks for your quick reply.

No, I have done everything you suggested (making it visible from the course page, giving it an end date) and the quiz is still not visible.

Indeed all my quizzes don't seem to have an 'eye' in the grade book...

I did a test run on the quiz, and the funny thing is that the grade book put in the average mark for it, but nothing else...

Can you help? Can it be a category thing?

M.

In reply to Mark Weldon

by Mark Weldon -

Actually Bob, ignore this last message.

The grade has now appreared in my markbook (admins) but not the test student's.

But I understand why.... I have set the quiz on unlimited attempts and to record the 'highest grade', so I assume that the mark will appear when the quiz finishes...

Is that right?

Hear from you,

M.

In reply to Mark Weldon

by Bob Puffer -

That is right

Quizzes will not have an eye in the gradebook, only on the course page

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Jason Touw -

Hi Bob,

I am experiencing the same problem with my glossary.  Notice in this screenshot, the student has received ratings on their entries:

But then here in my gradebook, all that is happening is zeros are showing up as I enter ratings:

When I change the settings for the Glossary, it makes no difference...zeros keep appearing with each new rating instead of a sum of ratings.

Does not matter which aggregation type I select, still zeros in the gradebook.  Any thoughts?  

Thanks!

In reply to Jason Touw

by Bob Puffer -

I think your problem is your using a scale