error when creating a quizz

error when creating a quizz

by Greig Frankham -
Number of replies: 2
Hi

I'm running Moodle 2.6.1 and Essentials (not sure what version)
I'm trying to create quizzes for the first time.
It's a very simple quizz with two multiple choice questions.
I tried a more complex quizz initially with mixed questions and thought it may have been that so I deleted that quizz and created this more simple quizz.

When I try and attempt the quizz I get the error message below.
This course is a course that was backed up from another course, and then reinstalled.

I can also attempt to create a quizz in the original course if I'm advised it may be an error due to it being in a reinstalled course.

any help is greatly appreciated

Debug info:
Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.
INSERT INTO mdl_question_usages (contextid,component,preferredbehaviour) VALUES(?,?,?)
[array (
0 => '182',
1 => 'mod_quiz',
2 => 'deferredfeedback',
)]
Error code: dmlwriteexception
Stack trace:
  • line 444 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
  • line 1080 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1122 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 86 of /question/engine/datalib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line 100 of /question/engine/lib.php: call to question_engine_data_mapper->insert_questions_usage_by_activity()
  • line 272 of /mod/quiz/locallib.php: call to question_engine::save_questions_usage_by_activity()
  • line 185 of /mod/quiz/startattempt.php: call to quiz_attempt_save_started()

Thanks in advance

Greig

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Greig Frankham

Re: error when creating a quizz

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The error tells you what is wrong: your database server is set up wrong. Change the BINLOG_FORMAT.

There is nothing wrong with the quiz here.

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: error when creating a quizz

by Greig Frankham -

Thanks Tim

I spoke with my hosting people and it's now fixed.

Cheers

Greig