Submission status column in the Grader Report

Submission status column in the Grader Report

by Ajmal Sultany -
Number of replies: 2

We are working with Moodle 2.5 and we are interested in figuring out if there is any way of adding a new column to the grader book which would allow a teacher to get to view students that have submitted work for an assignment but have not yet been graded.

Just to give some context, our courses have some assignments where grades are not given and having a submissions status column would be useful as the teacher can see (and export) who has submitted and who has not. At the moment, the teacher has to trawl through the Moodle Grading pages and cut and paste of each student that has failed to submit.

Of course, currently assignment submission status is available for each particular assignmemt but we are intrested in a similar column in the grader report which will give an overview of ungraded submissions for all assignment in his course (as opposed to submission status for one particular assignment). 

Is this possible without changing any of the core code?

In reply to Ajmal Sultany

Re: Submission status column in the Grader Report

by Scott Summers -

We give the assignments a scale grade from submitted, late, marked, and late marked. This is then hidden from the students but seen by the teacher. However, it does require physically checking an assignment and editing grades based on submissions. To my knowledge there is no way to have the submission status appear on the grader report.

You could turn on completion tracking and set an assignment to be marked as complete after a submission. You can then get visibility of submissions via the Activity Completion report.

I'm also working with 2.5

In reply to Scott Summers

Re: Submission status column in the Grader Report

by Ajmal Sultany -

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I get the impression that there isn't a method for changing the columns in the Grader Report. I am also now looking at using the Course completion tracking as an alternative Moodle core option. The subsequent CSV file can be exported and this will contain the relevant column and submission data that can be integrated with the grader report CSV file. This requires some manual work but is less work compared to the alternatives.

There is a Plugin option also and we will install and evaluate Grade Me Block (https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=block_grade_me) to see if it can fulfil the need but again I am not sure if this will produce an excel ready output that can relieve the administration work involved for our user.