Prevent Quiz Re-attempt After Passing

Prevent Quiz Re-attempt After Passing

by Karl Zander -
Number of replies: 2

Scenario:  view a presentation, take a quiz after.

Our quiz allows several attempts.  Is it possible to restrict re-attempts after the quiz has been passed?   Our passing grade is 80%.  Students can return to review the presentation, but we do not want them taking the quiz again.

Moodle 2.6.3

Thank you.

--Karl

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karl Zander

Re: Prevent Quiz Re-attempt After Passing

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If I get 90% on a quiz, I probably want to have another go to try to get 100%. And I probably will learn something, or consolidate my learning, in the process.

Why do you want to prevent this?

Anyway, what you want is not possible in Moodle (without writing some code). You could probably implement this as a Quiz access rule plugin.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Prevent Quiz Re-attempt After Passing

by Wendi Daniels -

I am having the same issue, because my quizzes get reported to an entity upon completion. Right now, I do this manually, but I am having an API built, and I will have to restrict reprints of certificates inside the logic of the API. Also, in site administration > plugins > authentication > manage authentication, I will set my authentication settings to lock the name so they cannot change that, and perhaps alter the system and reprint certificates for their friends. Maybe this is useless, as the API will likely use the user's id assigned in the database, but I am just a step above a novice learning this stuff by trial and error.

I hope this helps...I have no suggestion for doing this within Moodle.