Front Page FAQ?

Front Page FAQ?

by James Harvey -
Number of replies: 5

Does anybody have a good idea/method for creating an FAQ that would be available on the Front page?  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Harvey

Re: Front Page FAQ?

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I use the book resource to create FAQs in moodle on the front page.  The thing I like about books over glossaries for this is the Table of Contents.  Also ease of navigation.

In reply to James Harvey

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I use the book resource to create FAQs in moodle on the front page.  The thing I like about books over glossaries for this is the Table of Contents.  Also ease of navigation.

In reply to James Harvey

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

James,

There is a plug-in called "Static Pages"  written by Alexander Bias, you can find the plug-in page at

https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=local_staticpage

Although written, applicable for Moodle 2.6, but works flawless with 2.7, 2.8 (tested), with this plug-in you will be able to add as many static pages as you can and link them from within moodle, or even outside moodle.

Just to show you example, (www.itlive.pk), the links in the footer are created using static pages plug-in.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to James Harvey

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Personally, I like to create my FAQs as a webpage on my web server.  I find that I like to refer students to FAQ from many places, including emails and as a resource link in many courses. By creating it as a separate webpage outside of Moodle, it becomes much more useful to me because students do not need to log in to reach it.  This is just my personal preference.

I do not link to my FAQ from my Moodle front page, but it would become a simple matter to do so.  I do link to my main website on my Frontpage, which is the starting place to much more information.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)