External tools show up in grade report

External tools show up in grade report

by Mercedes Delgado -
Number of replies: 6

Hello!

I have a little problem of external tools appearing in the grade report,  despite of having the Completion Tracking not ticked.

I have being using the External Tool a lot  but just to show some videos, I know this is not the best way of doing that but now it is to late to go back and re-do them all.

When looking at the grade report the external tools appear, taking a lot of columns despite, as I said, chosing the "Do not indicate activity completion" on the external tool options..

What could I do to avoid seeing these tools on the grade report?

Thank you in advance.

Mercedesbig grin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mercedes Delgado

Re: External tools show up in grade report

by Mercedes Delgado -

I forgot, the only thing I could think of as a solution for students not to see these videos on the grade report is editing  each tool by tick the hidden option.

I attach the image.

But this is not a solution for me as a teacher, since I want to see only the quizzes on  the report .

Thank you

Mercedes

Attachment hidden_grade_item.jpg

by Tiffany Morgan -

Did you find a solution for this? I was running into the same issue. 

Thanks!

In reply to Tiffany Morgan

by Juan F -

I'm with Tiffany...has anyone solved this issue?

by Elizabeth Dalton -

Completion tracking doesn't affect whether an activity shows up in the grade report. I think you might not be able to turn grades off for LTI. You can set the weight to 0 to make sure it doesn't affect grades, or hide it as you have been doing.

by Jason Hardin -

There are a couple ways to turn off grade in an LTI tool. The first an admin can do when setting up the tool for the site. Under the privacy settings for the external tool settings page you will see the setting Accept grade from tool. 

This can be set to Never, Always or delegate to teacher. The site level must be set to delegate to teacher for the next process to work.

When adding that external tool to a course or editing it you should see the Accept grade from the tool checkbox.

If this box is unchecked then no gradebook record will be created. If this box is checked than a gradebook item will be added. See the documentation at https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/External_tool_settings

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason Hardin

by Tiffany Morgan -

This has been helpful-thanks. Follow up question: If I have configured the tool on the site wide settings to always accept the grades from the tool, then it would mean that all LTI items from this provider would appears in the gradebooks? If that is correct, then that doesn't seem to the be the case for me. 

I have one LTI tool that is set up at the site level to accepts grades from the tool. When I look at a course that uses those LTI items some of the items are in the gradebook and some are not, but all individual LTI activities are set to accept grades from the tool. Another oddity related to this, is I can have an LTI activity that is not in the gradebook, but once any one student student completes that activity, it then appears in the gradebook for all users. 

Any advise as to why this is happening or how to correct it?