How to view the role(s) assigned to a user?

How to view the role(s) assigned to a user?

by David Rogers -
Number of replies: 5
Apologies in advance for what I'm sure is an incredibly basic question, but how do I see what role or roles have been assigned to a user? 

For the system default roles, I can see what users are in what role using Site administration > Users > Permissions > Assign system roles, but what about custom roles that have been created?

Thanks in advance!

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Rogers

Re: How to view the role(s) assigned to a user?

by Eder dos Santos -

Hi, David!

If you want to see the users enrolled at system's level, it should be the same.

If you need to see a specific user's roles in a course, you should search the user in the participants list, click over her/his name and moodle will show you that.

Saludos.

Eder

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Rogers

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

When you are looking at a user's profile, you can choose Roles -> This user's role assignments in the administration block.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I'd like to ask this question in reverse:

How do you check which users are assigned to a role?

Admin/Users/Permissions/Assign System Roles  doesn't list ALL roles (I guess it only lists system wide roles).

I have a role that was created a few years ago that I want to delete called "Limited" and when I hit the delete, I get a warning that 2 users are assigned to this role. I just can't figure how to find which users have this role.

Any suggestions?

In reply to John Provasnik

by Kerstin Namuth -

Wondering the same thing as John. Is there a way to find out who has a certain role?