Adding Flexpage theme to Sharp Theme Moodle 2.4.10

Adding Flexpage theme to Sharp Theme Moodle 2.4.10

by Chas Lang -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the Flexpage suite of plugins to work on my current Moodle theme on Moodle 2.4.10.

The install of the plugins seems to have gone OK, and everything seems functional with the default Flexpage theme, so I'm pretty confident the install went OK and now it's just a problem of integrating Flexpage with my theme of choice.

But of course, I want to add the Flexpage functionality to the theme I'm currently using - it's all described here: http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Flexpage

The theme seems to be behaving fine for all non-Flexipage related courses, but going into my test Flexpage course basically nothing happens (please see the attached PDF of a screenshot).

I'm assuming I didn't integrate the theme correctly but I can't figure out where I went wrong.

See the Dropbox link below for the Sharp theme modified as per the instructions (it's about 265 KB, but I can only upload up to 100 KB).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rivrjb8r4n3bpwz/sharp.zip

Finally, as mentioned, I'm using the Sharp theme.  My Moodle version is 2.4.10

Thanks in advance,

Chas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chas Lang

Re: Adding Flexpage theme to Sharp Theme Moodle 2.4.10

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ok...this I is a pure guess.

1. Set Sharp theme as your default theme.
  2. Set Allow course themes in Site Administrations > Appearance  >  Themes  >  Theme settings
  3. Create a Test course and set Course format to Flexpage and also set course theme to Flexpage
  4. Save settings
  5. Goto the Test course and test it to see that it works as expected.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Update -

I didn't see the bit about adding all the Flexpage  code to your theme. If you have done all that and nothing is working then you may have missed off something.

I can't test your theme code as I am not at mt main computer and restricted using my iPad

cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Chas Lang -

Thanks for the advice Mary, but yeah, I think I missed something somewhere or the directions are not quite complete...

I've been Googling like crazy for the last few days and can't seem to find any resource - the best advice I've found is to read up on creating a theme from scratch.  But there's A LOT of material there and I'm not sure where to begin.

I'm hoping to find someone more experienced than I am to at least point me in the right direction.

I'm a newbie here and I very much believe in learning by doing, so I'll continue to research while I wait for someone who's been here before to stumble into this post!

In reply to Chas Lang

by Mary Evans -

First of all I think the problem is in the Sharp theme as it is not a Moodle layout...at least not what I am used to seeing anyway, and since Flexpage was built using Standard theme in Moodle 2.0 then I would be tempted to make a copy of the Standard theme and convert it to work as directed in the instructions. I would suspect it would at least work then, whereas I doubt if it will ever work in the Sharp theme.