Themes

Conflict between theme and plugin

Picture of Tom Tabaczynski
Conflict between theme and plugin

I'm using the Gourmet theme and there is a conflict in the css with the Tab Display module: the Tab Display area spills out into the footer area. The theme vendor says they do not address conflicts with third party plugins.  Is this a difficult thing to fix? I'm using Moodle 2.6.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Richard Oelmann
Re: Conflict between theme and plugin
Group Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Suggest you test this with

a. Clean theme and

b. the original (free) Essential theme that comprises 95+ % of Gourmet

As Gourmet is a paid for theme I don't have a copy of it, but if the bug exists in Clean/Essential itself then we may be able to help - or at least to confirm whether it is a theme issue or one that needs to be dealt with by the plug-in author

Gareth J Barnard
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

I agree with Richard.  The issue could either be in the theme or the plugin and the fault needs to be identified.  If its in the theme then it should be fixed by the developer - although with GPLv3 they do not have to.

It's only an avatar...
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Can you upload one of the layout files from the theme so that we can check if it is a layout problem? I mean it may be that the layout is missing something, or just not Moodle friendly.