Continue button / Continue last attempt button

Continue button / Continue last attempt button

by Ray Lawrence -
Number of replies: 3
Hi, Can someone explain what is the expected behaviour of the "Continue" button displayed in Quiz attempts and the "Continue last attempt" buttons.

Also, which settings control whether they appear or not?

I have tried just about every possible combination of the settings I would expect to influence them but have been unable to find a a combination which makes an impact.

Ray
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: Continue button / Continue last attempt button

by Gustav W Delius -
The "Continue" button simply brings the student back to the main quiz page view.php. It makes sense on the review page review.php but there appears to be no particularly convincing reason for also having that button on the quiz attempt page attempt.php. I think the original idea was to have it on both pages for reasons of consistency but I think on the attempt page it is a bit misleading. Are there any objections to removing it?

The "Continue last attempt" button does just what it says, it lets the student continue the last attempt, i.e., it brings the student back to the quiz attempt page. Of course the student can achieve the same by simply clicking on the last attempt in the list of attempts but that might be more difficult for students to find whereas the button makes it quite clear.

These buttons are not related to any quiz settings.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Ray Lawrence -
Thanks Gustav,
but I think on the attempt page it is a bit misleading. Are there any objections to removing it?

Not fom me, if it serves no useful purpose.
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Gustav W Delius -
The "Continue" button is gone from the attempt page.