Allow Teachers to reset password

Allow Teachers to reset password

by Stijn Kersten -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

Right now the situation is as follows: Student forgets to put in e-mail address, forgets password, and then the teacher has to send us an e-mail and we have to change it manually.

I want to allow teachers to change the password of their school's students.

Now, I did some googling around and found that I needed to put this permission to allow in roles.
So I've done that and they are given way to much permissions at once, they're allowed to change user settings of ALL schools, not just theirs. And they're also allowed to change every detail in every user. Does anyone know a convenient work-around for this problem?

If you need any extra information I will be glad to provide it, just ask!

Greetings.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stijn Kersten

Re: Allow Teachers to reset password

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I thought the user email address was a required field in setting up a new account? How are they forgetting to add it if that's the case.

Once they have put their own email address in, they should be able to get through the 'Forgotten Password' links themselves shouldn't they - without needing to give additional permissions (and workload) to teachers

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Allow Teachers to reset password

by Stijn Kersten -

The teachers make the accounts for the students, sometimes the teachers don't have everyone's email-address so they fill in something like emailunknown@example.com. I know this is incovenient but is it possible to give teachers those options because right now it is even more inconvenient if they have to write an e-mail to us all the time. I hope this answer helps.