'export as EXCEL'

'export as EXCEL'

by Chris Bradley -
Number of replies: 5

I have just begun using Moodle 1.5

after I uploaded a SCORM package and ran it I went to the 'grades' to export the result as excel.

I got this

: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1138

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1179

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1179

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php:1138) in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1206

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php:1138) in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1208

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php:1138) in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1209

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php:1138) in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1210

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php:1138) in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1211

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mercecom/public_html/grade/lib.php on line 1235
ÐÏࡱá>þÿ þÿÿÿþÿÿÿ ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ l ÉGrades=¼%r8X"1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1ÈÿArial1È Arialàõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À àõÿ À à À à À ÿâ8ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÀÀÀÿ3fÿÿÌÌÿÿffÿfÌÌÌÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÌÿÌÿÿÌÿÌÿÿÌÿÿÌÌÿÿÌ3fÿ3ÌÌÌÿÌÿÿfff3f3f33333f33333 !Grades l É*+Á¡"dXXà?à? First nameSurname ID number Institution Department Email address#SCORM: privacy 101 - Max: 1( SCORM: Document Checker - Max: 1 Total)ð?(ð?'è?&è?> ¶ Root EntryÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿþÿÿÿBook ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿþÿÿÿþÿÿÿýÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

What is it and how do I stop it?

In reply to Chris Bradley

Re: 'export as EXCEL'

by Marc Dastous -

I am having the same issue.  I believe this may be linked to the problem I am having viewing the Item Analysis.

Marc

In reply to Marc Dastous

by Davidson Chris -

Me too, I don't use SCORM. Just a normal export.  My Lang setting is UTF-8 but the Excel exported is totally unreadable.  My work arround is to export the data to TXT first then import it from Excel.

In reply to Davidson Chris

by Kathy Keleshian -
I have exported grades to excel and they look fine.  The problem is even after re-formating the entries to "numbers", I cannot make normal formulas work in excel.  If I try to enter or change any data, and enter the formual for a sum, it does not work.  HELP!
Kathy
In reply to Kathy Keleshian

by Bob Puffer -
Exporting grades directly to Excel appears to export all items as text and therefore becomes a barrier to calculating and formulizing those numbers.  From our FAQ (we call our Moodle system KATIE -- after Martin Luther's wife):
Question: EXCEL EXPORT -- Why cant I perform calculations on the Excel gradebook export?
(Last edited: Thursday, June 2 2005, 10:50 AM)

Answer:

The KATIE gradebook has a flaw in it that causes it to export numerical values as text, disallowing calculations being performed against them. To work around this problem:

1) Export to text

2) Open, don't save (will open in Notepad)

3) Edit- Select All

4) Edit- Copy

5) Open Excel

6) Paste

The spreadsheet in Excel will now allow calculations.

In reply to Bob Puffer

by Kathy Keleshian -
Thank you!  I had trouble opening in Notepad, but I just saved it to my desktop then pasted it into Excel, changed the format to numbers and all worked fine.