JW PLAYER 6 Plugin

JW PLAYER 6 Plugin

by Freddie Batista -
Number of replies: 3

We are launching a large online school and our content is being hosted through JW Player. The new version of JW Player 6 is not supported or function with the plugin created by Matt Bury. Is there anyone out there working on a plugin? Is there any other way to embed the code from JW Player 6 onto moodle. We used the source files but the java emebed in the streaming video is not viewable in Moodle. What is our option? I don't want to use another platform. This is launching out via the infomercials and would be nice seeing our customized Moodle platform hosting this content. Can anyone help me? If $$ is part of the solution let us know where we can get this new plugin built FAST !!!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Freddie Batista

Re: JW PLAYER 6 Plugin

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Freddie, I am using JWPlayer as manual embed in pages on moodle, works perfectly. are you hosting the content with JWPlayer as well?

In reply to Usman Asar

by Freddie Batista -

I do embed but I have advertisment ads that I overlayed in JW player and the JAVA Scripts don't appear on the streaming video. I currently host with JW Player and Akaimai my content. I know the plug in Matt Bury created was for JW Player 5 not the new version 6. It stinks because this porcess is really holding my team back from launching our site.

In reply to Freddie Batista

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Freddie, using CDN brings loads of problems in javascript, try creating a course in a test moodle site with same content, but avoid CDN and see if it works.