Theme Problems

Theme Problems

by Mark St. Louis -
Number of replies: 4

I just installed Moodle and everything went smoothly.  After the install, I accessed the site and the page displays in a very limited way, without any images or content from the theme.  See the attached screen capture.  I can login and access all the pages, but it seems like the theme is disabled or inaccessible. 

I tried switching to a different theme, and clearing the theme cache, but that didn't change anything.  When I'm in the Theme Selector area of the site administrator, I can see the thumbnail of the theme shown.  See attached as well.  But nothing from the theme shows on the live page.  All the other functionality of the site seems to work, but the page doesn't display properly.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Attachment screen.jpg
Attachment screen2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark St. Louis

Re: Theme Problems

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Mark,

You didn't mention which browser or your server configuration.

It does look like what we encountered with IE 8 & 9 recently.  See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=256687 

The issue was with mod_pagespeed being loaded.  Once we removed it from the configuration, the Themes started working.

In reply to Ron Meske

by Mark St. Louis -

I was using IE 10 for the screen captures I showed, but I am seeing the same results in current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

The web server is running Linux with PHP version 5.3.  It's hosted by Go Daddy.

I do also have WordPress running on this site as well.  I don't know if that is an issue.  They are installed separately though, and use different databases. 

Also, I'm using the most current stabile build for Moodle, 2.6.2+.

In reply to Mark St. Louis

by Ron Meske -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It seems that many people find issues when running on GoDaddy.  Here is a possible solution from another post that seems similar to yours.

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=234556#p1018861

In reply to Ron Meske

by Mark St. Louis -

The solution from your link did the trick.  I just turned off the slash arguments in the HTTP settings of Moodle, and all is working.  Thank you very much.