Comments block replies to other comment

Comments block replies to other comment

by Farhan Karmali -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Am just wondering if anyone has developed or has an idea if the comments block in moodle can be extended to allow users to reply to other users comments , like Facebook WordPress etc have it , is it on the roadmap of moodle ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Farhan Karmali

Re: Comments block replies to other comment

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Which version of Moodle are you using. Seems to me you can already do that in Moodle 2.6.

Is this what you mean?

comments

In reply to AL Rachels

by Farhan Karmali -

Hello , I am on Moodle 2.6

That is not what I meant, In the screenshot it shows normal comments, what I am asked to develop is replies to comments, where the replies come indented under their parent, something like what happens in the forums

by Farhan Karmali -

Any help?

by dawn alderson -

Farhan Karmali, hi

might be a tracker topic...perhaps.  So, if not there already, you might want to set up an item (anyone here can do that-including you! wink). 

I must add, am not sure what the difference would be in having a comment box set up in such a way- to that of chat activity....am thinking would be something of a hybrid to include forum with chat activity...but that is me showing my lack of knowledge....again- p'rhaps smile 

cheers,

Dawn 

by ben reynolds -

I'm not convinced the indentation is needed. What's more, you've got very little space to be indenting. But, good luck.

In reply to ben reynolds

by Farhan Karmali -

Actually I have been asked to develop this for a client, we have already tweaked the core layout of moodle , and now the comments, are displayed below the video, as shown in the screenshot below

I feel this is really cool and should be the natural way of showing comments , Since Youtube, facebook , wordpress , any website we see follow this convention if you may .. I do agree Moodle is more of a learning, but we all know learning happens better with social networking , and it would be amazing if we could somehow add Comments below each activiity resource, and those comments are indented to make them more legible

Wish me luck for developing lol

Average of ratings: Useful (1)