Would you happen to know if Moodle 2.4 has the capability to grade assessments without instructors seeing the answers?

Would you happen to know if Moodle 2.4 has the capability to grade assessments without instructors seeing the answers?

by Nikunj Parvatia -
Number of replies: 8

Basically, we are looking to give credit for completion without showing the student's information. so the instructors could ask about students' personal habits without seeing their responses.

Thank You,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nikunj Parvatia

Re: Would you happen to know if Moodle 2.4 has the capability to grade assessments without instructors seeing the answers?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you need to "ask about students' personal habits", what you need is not the quiz activity but a survey-like activity. You can use Feedback (standard plugin in moodle, but needs to be activated at admin level) or Questionnaire (add-on).

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Would you happen to know if Moodle 2.4 has the capability to grade assessments without instructors seeing the answers?

by Nikunj Parvatia -

Joseph

Are you sure the Instructor wont be able to view the student's response if i create a survey-like activity?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Who do you want to view the student responses, then? Which moodle role?

And can you give a few samples of the questions that will be asked?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -

@Nikunj Parvatia

Please answer my questions. At the moment, since we do not know exactly what you are wanting to do, we cannot give you any relevant answers.

Especially I have doubts about this point "I want the student to take some personal questions [...] and based on that they will be graded".

How can you "grade" someone on "personal questions"?

Joseph

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The question seems to be about asking students to key in information that the tutor will not see. I don't know why you would want to do that. If you never give any feedback I suspect the students will soon realise it and start to type in random nonsense. Unless of course you are looking for anonymised data, e.g. information that students might find embarrassing such as "do you suck your thumb Y/N, do you pick your nose Y/N.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Nikunj Parvatia -

Exactly Marcus,

I want the student to take some personal questions like you just mentioned and based on that they will be graded and the instructor will be unknown to the students response.

Is it possible?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Marcus Green

by Barbara Taylor -

Feedback doesn't give points.  If you want to give them points for completing it then you will want to use Questionnaire.  You can still set it up for anonymous and the points will go into the grade book for those who complete it.