Taskchain and Xerte

Taskchain and Xerte

by Deborah Delin -
Number of replies: 13

Hi again Gordon,

So sorry to be bombarding you at the moment.  I've been hoping to put this off but I can't do so any longer!

I tried adding a Xerte exercise to Taskchain.  I uploaded the whole folder which contains all the files needed to run the Xerte, including the index.html.  On my Moodle, Taskchain displays a white square where the screen of the exercise should be.  I tried on your test site with the same result.

Do I need to do something further to instruct Taskchain to link to the index.html file?

Thank you!

Deborah

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deborah Delin

Re: Taskchain and Xerte

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Deborah, I have seen your post. Please give me a little time to investigate. regards, Gordon 

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Deborah,
this issue is a litte tricky to fix because of the way the files are accessed in Moodle 2.x.

I am working with the "Face" activity that you once lent me. I will let you know how I get on ...

regards
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Deborah,
I think the Xerte activities are working now with the latest version of TaskChain.

Please update your TaskChain module when you have a chance.

If you want to try your activities out on my server, you are welcome to do so:

regards
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -

Hi Gordon,

I have installed the latest version* of TaskChain but cannot get it to function on my site or your test site.  I create a TaskChain activity, upload the Xerte file and link to the index.html file but the exercise does not display.

Maybe I should be linking to something else?

Thank you,

Deborah 

*(My site says it is running 2014010565  though the version on your plugin page is 2014.01.12 (69) but I uploaded your latest version and indeed the jMemori now works with it.) 

by Gordon Bateson -

Deborah,
for a Xerte exercise you need to upload the whole folder created by Xerte, including the index.html, but also including the media files and most importantly the JavaScript file called "rloObject.js". Then use the index.html file as the "Source file" for the TaskChain task. 

Did you upload all the files?

If you continue to have problems, please upload the exercise to my test server so that I can have a look firsthand.

thanks
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Deborah,
I should perhaps clarify what I mean by "use the index.html file as the Source file".

After you have uploaded the complete Xerte folder containing the "index.html" file and all the secondary files, then select the "index.html" file as the main file. In Moodle 2.5, you do this by clicking on the file and then clicking the "Set as main file" button.

If you are adding a new TaskChain, it will help a little if you set "Files to be added" to "Add selected file only", but this is not crucial to the success of the operation.

Hope that helps!
Gordon

by Deborah Delin -

Hi Gordon,

I believe that I did exactly what you describe, and in both cases the source file shows in the TasChain menu as index.html.

I have uploaded a test to your site, it is entitled "Deborah Xerte Test".

Thank you,

Deborah

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Deborah,
thanks for clarifying. I don't see a TaskChain called "Deborah Xerte Test". Could you post the link here?

thanks
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Deborah,
I added the "Face" activity, which is a Xerte activity, to the Moodle 2.6 site on my test server and it seems to work fine.

Here's the link: Face

However, when I tried to add the "Deb Xerte test" activity, I got a white screen, so it looks like I need to investigate that.

regards
Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Deborah,
I found and fixed the issue with the Deb_test Xerte. It is working now.

Please update your local TaskChain when you have time, and confirm that the issue is now fixed.

best regards
Gordon 

by Deborah Delin -

Just to confirm, all now working on my site following Taskchain upgrade and thank you so much for that!

Deborah