Essential theme block/menu placement in category view

Essential theme block/menu placement in category view

by Richard Jones -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I do like the new essential theme although I'm not using all the features just yet, still experimenting.  Nice design as usual and very flexible.

The blocks in the category area, the nav and admin blocks, drop below the list of courses when the browser window is expanded horizontally (Chrome and Firefox).  You would expect this as it is contracted but not as it is expanded?  

You can see an example here http://moodlenz.net/course/index.php?categoryid=2 (no need to log on).

Thanks 

Richard

Moodle 2.6 and Essential latest (Jan 2014).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Jones

Re: Essential theme block/menu placement in category view

by Julian Ridden -

Hmmm..

Can you do me a favour and move the block into the other column (if pre then post or vice versa). Interested to see if that will fix it.

Julian

In reply to Julian Ridden

Re: Essential theme block/menu placement in category view

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Happy New Year Julian!

There's the rub, as they say (well, probably only me) - there is no way to move blocks and no "add block" dropdown either.  This seems to be a problem specific to "edit category" pages.  Nav and Admin just don't have any menus at all.  Out of interest I switched to standard theme - same result, no editing except for the category description, so it could be a Moodle core issue.  Couldn't find it in the bug tracker though.

I had solved the issue in the way you suggest on a couple of course pages where I had removed all the far right blocks.  I then dragged the nav and admin blocks over and all was well. 

Cheers

Richard