JALTCALL 2005

JALTCALL 2005

- Bob Gettings の投稿
返信数: 3
I noticed that there are quite a number of Moodlers going to JALTCALL this weekend (June 4-5) Is there any plan for a gathering? Maybe a Moodle power breakfast or izakaya visit?
Bob Gettings への返信

Re: JALTCALL 2005

- Don Hinkelman の投稿
There will be if you organize it.  笑顔   I mentioned this to James on this forum, but he has not organized anything.  Bob, why don't you post the name of the hotel you are staying at, and invite other Moodlers to join you for breakfast at such and such a time.   I'll bet 4-5 will show up.  I really wish I could be there.  笑顔

There are over 14 Moodle presentations!  Amazing!

BROWN, Ian; Blended Delivery: The future of CALL
Kyoto Sangyo University (JAPAN), Sunday, 12:40 to 13:20 in Room P114

CULHANE, Stephen
; E-mmersion: building communicative competence through immersive CALL.
Kagoshima University (JAPAN), Saturday, 13:30 to 14:10 in Room P109

HAYES, Blake and HICKS, Dan; Student perceptions of using Moodle
Kyoto Sangyo University (JAPAN) Time: Sunday, : to : in Room

MELTON, Jay; Developing Online Learning Communities
Prefectural University of Kumamoto (JAPAN), Sunday, 12:40 to 13:20 in Room P109

RUTHVEN-STUART, Peter, Integrating CALL into the fabric of an educational institution
Future University, Hakodate (JAPAN), Saturday, 16:20 to 17:00 in Room P109

TAKEMOTO, Timothy; Using Moodle to Administer Homework of 25 ESL classes
Yamaguchi University (JAPAN), Saturday, 11:00 to 11:40 in Room P21

ALLUM, Paul; Using student evaluation to optimize blended learning for the local environment
Rikkyo University (JAPAN), Sunday, 11:50 to 12:30 in Room P21

BATESON, Gordon; Mashing Hot Potatoes with Moodle: tracking online quizzes with an open-source LMS
Kanazawa Gakuin University (JAPAN), Saturday, 13:30 to 14:10 in Room P22

DANIELS, Paul; Using Flash Templates with Learning Management Systems
Kochi University of TEchnology (JAPAN), Sunday, 10:50 to 11:30 in Room P114

GETTINGS, Bob and SEKIYA, Narumi, Moodle, Mobile Phones and Teacher-Student Communication
Hokusei Gakuen University Junior College (JAPAN), Sunday, 12:40 to 13:20 in Room P21

ROBB, Thomas; Implementing Moodle on a School-Wide Basis
Kyoto Sangyo University (JAPAN), Saturday, 11:50 to 12:30 in Room P22

AKIYAMA, Minoru; Open source adaptive test system based on Moodle
e-Learning Service LPC. (JAPAN), Sunday, 10:00 to 11:30 in Room P34

HARASHIMA, Hideto, & AKIYAMA, Minoru; Moodleワークショップ (Moodle workshop in Japanese)
Maebashi Institute of Technology (JAPAN), Saturday, 13:30 to 15:00 in Room P33

RUTHVEN-STUART, Peter; Encouraging Communication with Moodle
Future University, Hakodate (JAPAN), Saturday, 13:30 to 15:00 in Room P31

*Note: this schedule and rooms may change, so be sure to check the printed schedule available June 3.
Don Hinkelman への返信

- James Phillips の投稿
You're a hard taskmaster Don! I believe if you read my reply carefully you will see phrasing Bill Clinton would have been proud of! I will ask around the moodlers i can dig up tomorrow and see who is up for something Sunday morning. I have to confess though, I am not actually going to that many of the moodle presentations surpriseshyblush. (What can I say! I've seen a few already!!?!).

Bob Gettings への返信

- James Phillips の投稿
Any tentative suggestions? I was going to suggest an informal meeting up in a pub in Kyoto after the dinner on the saturday but I don't know kyoto at all. Somebody suggested the Pig and Whistle but I have no idea what it is like and I am guessing it might not be what visitors the the country are interested in. Does anybody have any ideas? A breakfast sounds interesting but it will also depend on where people are staying. I have been a bit too busy to organize anything a bit more formal. Anyway, I have to leave in a minute to get the Shinkansen to Kyoto!
Best regards,
James Phillips