HotPot images don't appear in Moodle

HotPot images don't appear in Moodle

by Maldwyn Pate -
Number of replies: 4

Good afternoon,

I'm running Moodle 2.1.

I've created JCloze exercises in HotPotatoes. I have a folder that contains the .jcl data file, the .jpg image and the .htm file.  When I open the .htm file in my browser, it all works fine with the image included. However, when I load the folder to Moodle, the image is absent.

I have tried to follow all the on-line advice to the best of my understanding: I zip the folder, select 'Add an Activity' in the course, select HotPot, upload the folder, unzip it, select the .htm file as the main file.  It uploads to the course and the HotPot page opens successfully but without the image. I've attached a zip folder that contains the .jpeg, the .jcl and the .htm files and a screenshot of what the exercise should look like.

I'd appreciate any help.

Regards,

Mal

Attachment Screenshot1.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maldwyn Pate

Parthed: HotPot images don't appear in Moodle

by Maldwyn Pate -

As a follow-up to my last post, I tried enabling the 'Get title from source file' option (in 'Display') since the image appears in the title area.  The screen shot attached shows the result.

Reagrds,

Mal

Attachment Screenshot3.jpg
In reply to Maldwyn Pate

Re: Parthed: HotPot images don't appear in Moodle

by Jeff Finnan -

Hi Maldwyn,

What if you set the .jcl as the main file? I always use the HotPot file extension. Usually it should default to that as the main file. I usually remove the html files before zipping.

Later,

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

Parthed: Re: Parthed: HotPot images don't appear in Moodle

by Maldwyn Pate -

Many thanks Jeff,

I've followed your suggestion and that works in as much as the exercise opens and works.  However, the problem of the photo overlapping the main body of the exercise still persists.  I've placed the photo in the 'Title' section.  Do you think it may be a problem with the size of the photo? I've not stipulated a dimension, just inserted the image as I would normally.

Again, many thanks for your help,

Mal

In reply to Maldwyn Pate

Parthed: Re: Parthed: HotPot images don't appear in Moodle

by Maldwyn Pate -

Hi Jeff,

Just to say that I've moved the .jpg down to the 'Instructions' area and everything works fine now.

Thanks very much for your help.

Regards,

Mal