Roles overriding interface

Roles overriding interface

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

On my local Moodle test site I often play with roles over-rides (at site or course level). However, when I went to trace the changes I have made, I think the interface would make things easier if those capabilities I have changed (from the default setting) were displayed more visibly.

screenshot #1

In the above example, when reviewing a role where I have made a number of changes, it would help me trace those changes if the Add a new quiz "Allow"  cell had e.g. a light red background (or other).

Also, the site roles editing interface features a useful "reset" button. I wish we also had a "reset" role button at Course (or activity) level.

What do those who often tinker with roles think?

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Roles overriding interface

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Jason La Greca -

Great idea (I too have often thought this), and should be fairly easy to implement. Let me tinker - after some sleep that is.

In reply to Jason La Greca

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jason,

Go to sleep, tinker, more sleep, more tinkering... and try to get something like this:

screenshot #1