Pupil's learning experience

Pupil's learning experience

by Charlotte Gamsu -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, I need to develop a learning site and want to use Moodle.  I'm reading the documentation but can't find the answer to one question in particular.  I hope you can help.  I'm interested in the pupil experience. Is there a notebook or such like where the user can jot down questions to ask, say, at the next Chat session, or, while reading a resource such as an extract from a book, the pupil can highlight or underline or mark somehow a passage he may wish to refer to later?  Could the pupil make a note in his notebook? And, when the pupil submits assignments is a copy of the assignment (marked or unmarked) available for the pupil to refer to throughout the course?

many thanks

Charlotte

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlotte Gamsu

Re: Pupil's learning experience

by Jez H -

No you cannot do that, you may want to take a look at http://mahara.org which is an e-portfolio system which integrates with Moodle and allows students to keep journals, build resume... its more like the "students space" whereas Moodle is more instructor lead, but items can be sent from Moodle to their "portfolio" and work from the portfolio can be sent back to Moodle as an assignment.

Whilst Mahara is a great system it will add complexity to what you do, its another application to maintain.

The simplest starting point would be to use forums.

Why would you want to make a note of a question to ask in a chat when you could post it in a forum (like this one!) and maybe get an answer from another pupil as well as your tutor... get a bit more engagement and discussion going?

As for assignments, they can be graded and the student retains access to the original and the feedback for as long as the courses is still available and they are still enrolled on it.

Hope that helps