different ressource file for different language and completion report

different ressource file for different language and completion report

by David Pelletier-Proulx -
Number of replies: 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to get some help here.  The situation is that I building a online course in multi-language (FR-EN-DE) The multi languagge is set up right so we we choose french or English and the labels and various text displays in the proper language. But I hit the wall with ressources.

let say I have 3 different word document or Powerpoint, one for each language available. how can I display only the selected language ressources.  I'm also dealing with the progress report and course completion feature. So to complete a course a student will have to view at least one of those ressource.  Is there a workaround or a special setup I have to do. I'm sure that someone here have the same issue.

David P P

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Pelletier-Proulx

Re: different ressource file for different language and completion report

by Robert Brenstein -
Resources link to a specific object, so no language recognition at this level. Presumably, it is not a secret that this is a multi-lingual course. In that case, files in all three languages can be put into a folder and a folder-resource instead of a file-resource used. The label and descriptions will follow the selected language, then user just needs to pick the file in the desired language. Who knows, some users may appreciate easy access to resources in other languages.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)