Course not completing / Badge not Awarded v2.5.1

Course not completing / Badge not Awarded v2.5.1

by Hugh Edwards -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Ladies and Gents. 

I have a problem and I'd really appreciate someone's help! smile 

I've created some test courses in Storyline and they are working fine. Once you run them, you have two questions to answer and then the results page displays and you can close the page. You then get a message saying that you have packages which need attention and if you click on them you can see that you have done 100% of the course at 100% completed and grade of 100. 

The problem is, my badge isn't being assigned to the user, and I suspect (but could be wrong) that moodle isn't recognising that the course is actually complete. 

I've got the Badge criteria setup and set to that course. I have completion tracking turned on (and that course set within the course completion). 

But....I've had a look at the database and in:

mdl_course_completions - there is nothing. 
mdl_module_completions - I have one row with a completion state of 0
mld_quiz_attempts/grades - there is nothing.
mdl_scorm_scoes_track - Here is all the data, and there are lots of 100 scores and 'passed' with regard to the lessons, but I can't see any course completed. 

Am I missing something here? Is there something else you have to do to have moodle actually complete the course once you've finished the scorm/HTML5 session?

I'd really appreciate your help, thanks! 

Hugh. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hugh Edwards

Re: Course not completing / Badge not Awarded v2.5.1

by Hugh Edwards -

Also - does the awarding of badges happen immediately, or via the cron etc?

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Hugh Edwards -

Update: Ok so my test Scorm course is completing upon running of the Cron, but the HTML5 (IPAD) course isn't. I think this is my problem. 

Anyone any ideas?

Hugh. smile x

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Hugh Edwards -

Having just run the Course Completion report, attached here - you can see that none of my courses (the first one being scorm and the second being HTML5) are actually completing (final column)

Help! I'm stuck!!! 

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Hugh Edwards -

bump. Still need a little help! smile 

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Hugh Edwards -

Ok. So in the interests of public knowledge, I found out the problem. It was twofold. Firstly, my cron job wasn't working properly, and secondly, in the Course>Administration>Course Completion settings, there is a pulldown which is only editable if you click the 'Unlock Completion Options and Delete User Completion Data' button, in the General section.  

This was set to "Course is complete when ALL of the conditions are met"

...and I had more than one option selected, so once set to 'Course is complete when ANY of the conditions are met' it works fine and I get the badge. smile

Tenacity rules. smile  

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Steve Daly -

tenacity rules indeed. I'm having an issue with badges as well and your post might be what I need. So Rock on my man!

In reply to Hugh Edwards

by Henry Quinn -

Hugh, I'm having a similar problem.  All the SCORM lessons are complete but the course will not complete. 

You mentioned having a cron issue.  What exactly was it?  When I checked Scheduled Tasks, I didn't see any error messages but I did notice that the last time any task was run was months ago.  I'm not sure if this is normal.

Thanks